Farms Not Arms is endorsing the SOA Watch Convergence at the Border and we encourage you to join the October 7-10 vigils, protests and workshops at the Eloy Detention Center, in Tucson, and in Nogales, Arizona/ Sonora at the border wall. Visit the convergence webpage for more information: http://SOAW.org/
It is important that we have a strong showing of activists from throughout the U.S. and Mexico in the lead-up to the November elections. We are going to take a stand for justice and demand fundamental change in US policies that goes beyond elections. Come out and amplify the demands of the convergence:
- An end to the destructive U.S. military, economic, and political interventions in the Americas.
- De-militarization of the borders. We need to build bridges with our neighbors, not walls.
- The dismantling of the racist and sexist systems that steal from, criminalize, and kill migrants, refugees, natives, gender non-conforming people, communities of color, and others throughout the hemisphere.
- Respect, dignity, justice and self-determination for all communities, especially the poor and most vulnerable
- No more profits over people! Private military, prison, oil, mining, and other corporations should not determine our future or that of the earth, the people should.
For the full schedule of October 7-10 events, visit http://www.soaw.org/